How to write a CV?
- CV (curriculum vitae) or resume is a document that presents you to a potential employer.
Some general rules for a good CV are:
- The length of the document 1-2 pages, 3 for those who with a tertiary education
- Attractive, but business-like font: Arial or Calibri
- Business formatting of the text: 2 - 3 font sizes, in black
- Work experience and education described in chronological and in time periods
- Description of work duties
- Employer details
- Particular description of knowledge and skills, relating to the applied position
- Description of work methods for particular specific professions
- Don’t include or shorten information that is not relevant
- Don’t include a picture, unless the ad explicitly requires you to do so
- Don’t include any discriminatory data (e.g., race or religion)
- You may specify your gender and age
- Be sure to include your contact details
- Use an e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check your spelling and grammar.
Career advice How to write a CV?